Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4000 Express: Entertainment Center Update
A couple of quick pics of the entertainment center changes. The boat came with a great home-style Sony receiver connected to a Bose Acoustimass system in the cabin and a pair of 8" Poly-Planar 3-way speakers in the cockpit.  No cockpit stereo, someone had added a bluetooth dongle to the Sony but AC power was still required to listen to music.

So a new panel was drawn up and ordered from frontpanelexpress.com, I moved the air conditioner controls up to where I can see what I'm doing, and a 12V line and NMEA2000 backbone was pulled from the panel & helm respectively ( more on those in another post ). The Fusion RA210 is able to drive 2 zones so that's all good. There's a dedicated remote for it at the helm and the Raymarine plotter can also control it. The head unit itself is a little underpowered so there's a 4 channel amp on the way.

Selected AC outlets here and in the berths are being replaced with these great USB ones and I got rid of the newspaper rack someone had added above the counter.
Like Post Reply

Hello, I just bought a 1999 4000 Express. I am trying to get familiar. The boat did not come equipped with the cabin speakers hooked up to the radio. I have two rca cables in the space where the entertainment center was. Are those what drive the Bose speakers in the cabin. The boat has a little box that connects via bluetooth and the speakers in the cockpit are new and hooked to an amp. I would like to find how the lower speakers are powered.
Like Post Reply
Looks nice emarrero. I went the opposite direction and tore all that out. I put a Bluetooth soundbar with a flatscreen TV in that corner and have a separate marine JBL controller for the sound system in the cabin.

One thing I’m curious about…how do you intend to fix the whole where the thermostat was? I removed some pics and old speakers and have had a heck of a time filling/matching our cabin wood.
Like Post Reply
MC1600, sounds like a fancy setup!

That hole is a pain for sure. I've been ignoring it so far this season but something will have to be done.
I don't think I have the skills to match it so I have to find some kind of outlet or nightlight or switch panel. Maybe one of those weather center things.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dinghy Davit Install; 4000 Express MC1600 4 318 06-10-2021, 07:20 AM
Last Post: MC1600
  4000 Express: Helm Refurb emarrero 0 230 04-12-2021, 02:19 PM
Last Post: emarrero
  Installing RIB on the back of a 40 Express August Rush 0 263 01-26-2021, 08:26 AM
Last Post: August Rush
  Tiara 3500 Express Jpendejo 3 2,369 10-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Last Post: ReelMagic
  40' Express - Power Swim Platform tom4trax@yahoo.com 1 1,228 01-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Last Post: bigboatben