Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AC Install Worth It?
I have decided to move ahead with the purchase of a 29 Tiara Coronet.  The small cabin does not have AC.  Is it worth it to install a self-contained marine AC Unit; or just go with a portable AC Unit or some kind?
Like Post Reply

If you are hot, install the A/C.

Nothing in your profile or post says where you are, BTW.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GeoDoc's post:
Misdirection (09-09-2021)
Like Post Reply
If you are going to sleep on your boat, install AC. It just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Go look at a similar boat to yours that has it installed to get ideas of where to place it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Not sure where you are but I am in FL and have had A/C on everything from a 28' cuddy to my current 50'. I can't imagine not having it.
If you stay on your boat, put it in. Definitely worth the $.
Sans Peur 2003 Tiara 50 Open
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sans Peur's post:
Misdirection (05-28-2022)
Like Post Reply
Thanks.  The boat will be on Lake Erie -- definitely gets hot in the summer.  I will likely go ahead with installing a self-contained AC Unit.  Seems like on the Coronet, this is usually placed under the stair leading into the cabin.
Like Post Reply
I'm also on Lake Erie (Ashtabula). You definitely need AC here. I had to replace mine as it failed at the very end of July. New one was backordered and August was miserable on the boat. Replacement is now installed and life is good again.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 09:00 AM)Newbie7749 Wrote: Thanks.  The boat will be on Lake Erie -- definitely gets hot in the summer.  I will likely go ahead with installing a self-contained AC Unit.  Seems like on the Coronet, this is usually placed under the stair leading into the cabin.

Which brand/model ac did you decide to install?  I’m also buying a Tiara 29 coronet without Factory-installed AC
Like Post Reply
My A/C guy told me yesterday that marine units from the familiar brand name companies are impossible find if you need one now.
Like Post Reply
I installed one from Citimarine late last year. So far I am very happy with it. They were one of the few vendors who had a model that would fit in the alotted space and the only one that had them in stock. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one in the future if necessary.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
(05-28-2022, 07:57 PM)Misdirection Wrote: I installed one from Citimarine late last year.  So far I am very happy with it.  They were one of the few vendors who had a model that would fit in the alotted space and the only one that had them in stock.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one in the future if necessary.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Did the control unit fit in the same space as your old one, whatever it was?
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New AC install on 1985 3100 open CaptChris2334 1 875 03-30-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: jtomlin@hurricanetv.com
  29 Tiara Coronet AC Install Newbie7749 4 1,688 03-02-2022, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Lobsta
  [Tiara Open] AC Install Help '31 chuckkletecka 0 947 11-23-2021, 08:13 AM
Last Post: chuckkletecka
  Helm A/C install in a 1996 31 Open Sandy Bottom 1 1,507 04-16-2020, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Tgilbert
  AC install boat 2 3,064 05-09-2014, 02:22 PM