Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open Number of Flushes?
2002 38 Open with VacuFlush and 40 gallon black tank. I am hoping for a ball park estimate of how many flushes I can do between pump outs? I am not sure that my gauge works because I get frequent pump outs to be safe.

I am in salt water but the boat spent most its life in fresh water. Since I travel offshore far enough for it to be legal I, plan to install an overboard system at the next bottom job.
Like Post Reply

I have a ‘99 4000 (two heads) and can typically do 2-3 full weekends. No idea how many flushes that is, but suspect you could drive yourself nuts counting flushes. I’d empty it, then use it a couple weekends and see if your gauge moves. That’ll tell you if it’s registering at all.
Like Post Reply
(09-12-2021, 12:13 PM)GeoDoc Wrote: 2002 38 Open with VacuFlush and 40 gallon black tank. I am hoping for a ball park estimate of how many flushes I can do between pump outs? I am not sure that my gauge works because I get frequent pump outs to be safe.

I am in salt water but the boat spent most its life in fresh water. Since I travel offshore far enough for it to be legal I, plan to install an overboard system at the next bottom job.

I have a 2000 40. I can do four days comfortably and five if necessary. You can pull your sending unit and clean the rod that the float slides on.
Like Post Reply
I own a 2003 38 Open as well and had a similar question when I purchased the boat more than 15 years ago. Here's what I did.. I emptied/cleaned the holding tank and then calibrated the holding tank gauge/sensor. I wanted to know what 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, & full meant...I removed the tank sensor and took measurements at various gauge levels.... I've attached a copy of that calibration.. What should be noted it that the tank sensor is only 8" long and the tank is 12" high. Therefore the sensor doesn't go to the bottom of the tank so 1/4 doesn't mean its got 10 gal in it (tank capacity is 40 gal)... Take a look at my attachment as that is what my tank meter reads at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full... I generally empty the holding tank after each weekend, or 4-5 days when on a trip.. M2C

Like Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the great information.

I used to know, but now can't find, how much water each flush uses for a single liquid only flush??
Like Post Reply