Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Hours on VDO Tachometers
I have a 2006 Coronet. Both Tachometers show RPMs fine, both backlights work but neither of them shows the hours. If it were just one I would think it was a loose/corroded connection but that seems unlikely since its both. Every once in a while underway I can see some garbled text where the hours should be. It sort of goes in an out. 

Is it better to just replace them? And if I replace them can I program them to start at the current hour read?

Any help is appreciated.
Like Post Reply

Rebuilding could be another option. Have the guys at Lauderdale Speedo take a look at them. At a minimum, they can tell you whether the issue is internal.
Like Post Reply
(06-08-2022, 07:50 AM)MC1600 Wrote: Rebuilding could be another option. Have the guys at Lauderdale Speedo take a look at them. At a minimum, they can tell you whether the issue is internal.

I reached out to those guys -- EXTREMELY HELPFUL and VERY RESPONSIVE!  They basically said they could rebuild or replace. Thankfully they said the tachs are still recording the hours even if not being displayed.
Like Post Reply
Hi

I have the same boat and experiencing the same issue.

Was is the best way to lift the console without causing any damage. Also are the gauges easy to remove?

Any tips would be appreciated
Like Post Reply
(06-08-2022, 12:21 PM)Newbie7749 Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 07:50 AM)MC1600 Wrote: Rebuilding could be another option. Have the guys at Lauderdale Speedo take a look at them. At a minimum, they can tell you whether the issue is internal.

I reached out to those guys -- EXTREMELY HELPFUL and VERY RESPONSIVE!  They basically said they could rebuild or replace. Thankfully they said the tachs are still recording the hours even if not being displayed.

My tachs were very easy to access - when you pull the console forward, my guages just twist about 45 degrees and then pull right out (pull backword into the console.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Engine hours Gicas1954 6 2,962 10-04-2021, 12:01 PM
Last Post: August Rush