Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper Motor removal
Greetings,

Found my wiper not working at commissioning. Checked the switch with a volt meter & seems to be working ok. I'm trying to take off the wiper motor to check the wires there (probably need to replace I'm guessing). I have the wiper arm off & removed the nut, gasket & everything else I could see. The motor doesn't want to come off. I can turn the motor about 1/2" & the splined portion of the shaft will rotate, but not the threaded portion. I tapped it (not too hard) with a rubber mallet but no luck.

Do I just need to use more force? Worried about the windshield! Thanks.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply

Soak it in PB Blaster or some other antiseize. After it sits use a bigger hammer. Make sure to support the back side of the frame so it doesnt flex.
Dissimilar metals touching each other, especially in a marine environment, will seize up everytime.
Sans Peur 2003 Tiara 50 Open
Like Post Reply
There are a few posts over on The Hull Truth about removing one on a Rampage. That person ended up using a cut off wheel and cutting the post sticking out.

I agree with the PB Blaster, but be careful not to cause any damage using force to remove it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
I just replaced my wiper motor and same exact problem...just need some anti-seize and go after it, carefully.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Window Removal T.Roy 0 50 06-21-2022, 08:54 AM
Last Post: T.Roy
  [Tiara Open] Steering cable pin behind the motor- help Corradorx 0 128 05-03-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Corradorx
  Wiper blades JPKDouglas 2 416 04-22-2022, 04:56 PM
Last Post: hookup44
  [Tiara Open] Access to Port Wiper Motor on 3800 Open Tony Saitta 3 677 04-09-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: rotellats@gmail.com
  3300 Deck Removal Lucky Dog 33 7 1,193 12-30-2021, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Lucky Dog 33