Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Sovran AC cycling?
Is it normal for the air conditioning to cycle about every 20 minutes or so? Mine seems to turn off after 20 minutes and then  turn off for  one minute then restart, is this normal?
Like Post Reply

(07-01-2022, 03:54 PM)Donaldjames Wrote: Is it normal for the air conditioning to cycle about every 20 minutes or so? Mine seems to turn off after 20 minutes ( for 30 seconds) then restart, is this normal?
Like Post Reply
Are you sure it’s not just the fan cycling?
Like Post Reply
You can program it to not do that. From my understanding it is sensing the temp not dropping to its setting and thinks it is freezing up so it shuts down. Then it determines it isn't frozen and restarts.

Mine did that during the night and it would drive me nuts while sleeping. I had my A/C guy on the boat and he reprogrammed it. Been fine since.
Sans Peur 2003 Tiara 50 Open
Like Post Reply
(07-01-2022, 03:54 PM)Donaldjames Wrote: Is it normal for the air conditioning to cycle about every 20 minutes or so? Mine seems to turn off after 20 minutes and then  turn off for  one minute then restart, is this normal?

If you st the unit to cycle on at two degrees it wont cycle as much. So if you set temp at 76 unit will not turn on again till the cabin reaches 78.
Like Post Reply
Thank you for all of the replies, I will have my AC man take a look at it and maybe have it reprogrammed. Thanks again.
Like Post Reply
(07-02-2022, 10:32 AM)Donaldjames Wrote: Thank you for all of the replies, I will have my AC man take a look at it and maybe have it reprogrammed. Thanks again.

Have you checked and cleaned the screen filters on the unit?
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compressor Cycling with Panel Off T.Roy 1 951 07-05-2022, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sans Peur