Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halogen to LED lights
Looking to changing out the halogen ceiling light bulbs to LED. I have a 2000 express.
What is the wattage of the halogen bulbs Tiara used? There is no markings on the bulbs I pulled out.
I would like to match the LEDs wattage to the old halogen.
Like Post Reply

Pretty sure the hardtop ceiling lights use 10w G4 bulbs. For the cabin it depends on what fixtures you have. I think I replaced 50w bayonet style bulbs on mine.
Like Post Reply
I used these and the swap couldn’t have been easier. The waterproof version was overkill in the cabin, but I had leftover from changing the fixtures under my hardtop and figured it was easier to just buy a few more of what I already had.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
I did a COMPLETE LED transition of ALL of my bulbs in my 1997 4000. It made a HUGE difference. Pay special attention to the color of the light. LED's come in a variety of colors (2700k Warm White / 3000k Soft White / 4000k Cool White / 6000k Daylight). It really makes a BIG difference on what color suits your preference. Whatever it is - try and match it throughout the boat.
Personally, I used 3000k for ALL the cabin lights, and 6000k for all the engine room lights.

Additionally, this may sound obvious, but check the voltage of the fixture prior to buying the bulb! I messed up on a couple and put a 12V bulb in a 120V fixture - It didn't end well!
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3500 exp nav lights giff1 3 1,176 08-31-2022, 07:05 AM
Last Post: neto