Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: New to the group looking for feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm in the process of purchasing 1990 31 tiara convertible with 454's. I am a long time boat owner and have owned a 28 carver mariner for 20 yrs.  I spend my time on Lake Superior with a short boating season. Which fed the idea for my boats name of THREE REASONS. That and my wife and I being teachers. Smile I just retired from teaching and will be doing my business full time now. I own a custom canvas and upholstery shop.

What i would like to know are there things I should be looking for in this particular model and or year? Also curious on what kind of performance and fuel consumption I could expect. It seems this model is a little rare. Not many out there when I search for them. 
I have always heard about the quality of Tiara boats and I couldn't be more excited. The boat has been neglected and will need some tlc, which I don't mind. Also if all goes as planned I will sail it up form Ohio in the spring. This will be about a 600 mile trip that I am also looking forward to. It will take a bit to get it ready for that though as it has not been used much in the last couple years. 

Again any insight or advice would be welcomed.