Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Convertible New to the group looking for feedback
i'm in the process of purchasing 1990 31 tiara convertible with 454's. I am a long time boat owner and have owned a 28 carver mariner for 20 yrs.  I spend my time on Lake Superior with a short boating season. Which fed the idea for my boats name of THREE REASONS. That and my wife and I being teachers. Smile I just retired from teaching and will be doing my business full time now. I own a custom canvas and upholstery shop.

What i would like to know are there things I should be looking for in this particular model and or year? Also curious on what kind of performance and fuel consumption I could expect. It seems this model is a little rare. Not many out there when I search for them. 
I have always heard about the quality of Tiara boats and I couldn't be more excited. The boat has been neglected and will need some tlc, which I don't mind. Also if all goes as planned I will sail it up form Ohio in the spring. This will be about a 600 mile trip that I am also looking forward to. It will take a bit to get it ready for that though as it has not been used much in the last couple years. 

Again any insight or advice would be welcomed.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi new to the group Days in the drink 0 215 02-11-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Days in the drink
  [Tiara Sovran] New to group Bmorris 3 945 07-05-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  [Tiara Open] Introduction to the group SaKiawa 1 1,397 07-28-2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Capt. Paul
  New to group. Bought a 1988 tiara 3100. Any info would b great. Jeremy woodall 1 1,635 12-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bsause