Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
2003 3100 Open needs stern tube covers? - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: 2003 3100 Open needs stern tube covers? (/showthread.php?tid=7780)



2003 3100 Open needs stern tube covers? - JonAFL - 07-25-2021

I just had a survey completed on a 2003 tiara 3100 open. I’ve attached a photo the surveyor stated that the stern tube covers are missing. I’ve spoken to a few marinas and nobody knows what he’s talking about. Can anybody weigh in on the photos attached.


2003 3100 Open needs stern tube covers? - Misdirection - 07-25-2021

If you look real closely at the picture, it looks like there are evenly spaced screw holes around the outer edge of the tunnel, I suspect there was a cover there at one point. This thread aludes to the same thing.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]



Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk


RE: 2003 3100 Open needs stern tube covers? - jclark003 - 07-25-2021

Yes Tiara placed covers over the pockets to smooth out water flow to the props. You can run without or have some fabricated out of aluminum or fiberglass. Tiara used both materials I believe


RE: 2003 3100 Open needs stern tube covers? - ReelMagic - 07-26-2021

I owned a 1997 31 Open, purchased new, and there was fiberglass covers over the shafts. As stated in other posts the covers provide better water flow to the props. I would suggest you contact Tiara to see if running without them is OK. M2C


RE: 2003 3100 Open needs stern tube covers? - reeltimebrad - 08-10-2021

If the shaft logs were recaulked or replaced someone probably damaged them during removal. You can run with or without them you probably will not notice any difference.