Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
2003 3100 Open needs stern tube covers?
#1
I just had a survey completed on a 2003 tiara 3100 open. I’ve attached a photo the surveyor stated that the stern tube covers are missing. I’ve spoken to a few marinas and nobody knows what he’s talking about. Can anybody weigh in on the photos attached.

Thumbnail(s)
   
Like Post Reply

#2
If you look real closely at the picture, it looks like there are evenly spaced screw holes around the outer edge of the tunnel, I suspect there was a cover there at one point. This thread aludes to the same thing.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]



Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
#3
Yes Tiara placed covers over the pockets to smooth out water flow to the props. You can run without or have some fabricated out of aluminum or fiberglass. Tiara used both materials I believe
Like Post Reply
#4
I owned a 1997 31 Open, purchased new, and there was fiberglass covers over the shafts. As stated in other posts the covers provide better water flow to the props. I would suggest you contact Tiara to see if running without them is OK. M2C
Like Post Reply
#5
If the shaft logs were recaulked or replaced someone probably damaged them during removal. You can run with or without them you probably will not notice any difference.
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 486 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 386 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  2001 38’ Open interior table base removal twilson0929 3 765 07-07-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  1996 33Tiara open - shaft seal lubricant leaking Mydiamond 4 1,402 05-22-2026, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Mydiamond
  [Tiara Open] 2001 3800 Open Holding Tank cap that hold sensor and washdown twilson0929 0 759 05-12-2026, 10:18 AM
Last Post: twilson0929



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

2003 3100 Open needs stern tube covers?00