Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New member
#1
Hi all, I'm looking for a 3100. I've liked tiaras since I saw my first one with the rope rub rai, it was brand new at the timel Wink can you tell me things to expect in a mid '90's boat? Foredeck wetness, around hatches, windshield base, sidedecks etc? I guess I'm trying to figure out what's normal to be expected vs. too much work. I'd rather not start out with a project.

Thanks!
Like Post Reply

#2
How's the search going? I looked for a 3100 Open for months, ended up finding a 2900 Open that I fell in love with, and 5 seasons later loving it more and more. Sounds like you have a good idea of what to look for. I'd also look for wetness/rot inside the swim platform and in the opening hatches on the cockpit sole. I haven't had any issues with that but I know some have. Another one to look for is the seals all around the windshield. The gaskets and the silicone get old and the windows start leaking. It'd a big job to take them all off and re bed all the glass, I'm currently paying 2k for that job and I'd budget that regardless if it hasn't been done yet (and I'm also having my windshield covers powder coated while I'm at it). Obviously look at the stringers. Also make sure if saltwater that you have new risers or budget for them, and look for corrosion on the engine mounts, alternators, etc.

Good luck!

Like Post Reply
#3
Thanks, I bought the boat. It was too pretty to pass up. In the end I think they came down a lot to make it work. Now I just have to learn a lot of stuff Wink
Like Post Reply
#4
Congrats! Please post pics Big Grin
-------------------------
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
#5
Can I post pics from an iPad or does it have to be a computer? Also, can I change my username?
Like Post Reply
#6
I don't have an iPad but I don't know why not, if your using Safari.

What would you like your username to be?
-------------------------
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
#7
Persistence for a new user name Wink
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member To The Forum OGDash 0 302 08-01-2026, 11:52 AM
Last Post: OGDash
  new member kps@dundee.net 0 516 06-21-2026, 08:33 AM
Last Post: kps@dundee.net
  [Tiara Open] new member john122557@msn.com 0 696 07-30-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: john122557@msn.com
  [Tiara Open] New forum member - Northern Chesapeake Bay cmgtrumpet 1 923 07-03-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Donaldjames
  [Tiara Open] New member, pre buy advice LBKjack 1 1,603 05-20-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Roweje



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

New member00