Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1988 3300 454 Crusader Zincs Issue
#6
(05-09-2019, 12:16 PM)RMS Wrote: To remove the stuck zinc, cooler removal is probably necessary.  I would not rush into that however.  What I would do (and have in the past) is insert the new pencil zinc and take the boat for a ride.  If the engine is not running excessively hot, leave it be.  

I notice your home port is fresh water.  In salt water (my home port) I would replace the pencil zincs twice a year to prevent the anodes from breaking off.  Going forward, check the anodes every few months and replace as you wish.  

Bob

The old one is still in the hole to point barely any water drained out of the hole. Think I'm just going to pull the oil cooler off tomorrow and get it out. I definitely will be part of my seasonal maintenance plan.
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
1988 3300 454 Crusader Zincs Issue - by ardoski14 - 05-06-2019, 03:02 PM
RE: 1988 3300 454 Crusader Zincs Issue - by RMS - 05-09-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: 1988 3300 454 Crusader Zincs Issue - by ardoski14 - 05-09-2019, 03:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Help with Fuel Vent Issue - Tiara 2700 (1988) kahunamax 3 108 8 hours ago
Last Post: kahunamax
  [Tiara Open] Crusader MP7.4L Air Inlet Tube mikezacharias 6 2,894 04-28-2026, 06:17 PM
Last Post: bob4144@icloud.com
  [Tiara Open] Flushing coolant and replace crusader 454xl Mydiamond 0 911 09-20-2025, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Mydiamond
  Crusader 502XLI ECM Harness 10 Amp Circuit Breaker tripping MGTTF 2 1,391 04-27-2025, 05:11 PM
Last Post: MGTTF
  [Tiara Open] Electrical Issue: Some helm switches not working twilson0929 3 1,513 04-24-2025, 09:03 AM
Last Post: hiccup



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

1988 3300 454 Crusader Zincs Issue00