Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
3800 Open Windshield Motor
#1
My center windshield wiper motor failed. The plastic gear inside cracked. Marinco does not sell internal parts. The failed unit is #37282 (AFI-GM2) and is no longer available. #71182 (AFI 1.5) is a direct bolt in replacement according to Marinco. However Tiara says while it fits on the center vent window when open it does not allow the vent window to close as it is too wide and too deep. The #37281 is 7 3/4" long, 3 3/4" wide and 2 1/2" deep. The #71182 is 7 3/4" long, 4" wide, and 2 3/4" deep which makes it 1/4" too wide and deep to allow the center vent window to close.

My questions:

1. Does anyone know of a replacement motor model that will work?

2. Does anyone know where I might find a used or broken #37281? I only need the plastic gear. The motor and rest of the mechanism on mine are fine.

3. Does anyone know where I might find a new old stock #37281 motor unit?

4. Any other ideas?

This is frustrating. If I have to use the #71182 unit I will have to do some expensive fiberglass work and deepen the indentation below the center vent to allow it to fit. This seems to be a rather expensive solution to what should be a simple replacement. Tiara has not been able to provide a solution so far. I can't believe I am the first 3800 owner with this problem. The #37281 has been unavailable since at least 2010 if my research is accurate.

Any help would be appreciated.
Like Post Reply

  


Messages In This Thread
3800 Open Windshield Motor - by Fast Eddie - 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM
3800 Open Windshield Motor - by Knot Done Yet - 07-23-2013, 07:02 AM
3800 Open Windshield Motor - by Chris Burkard - 07-23-2013, 11:46 AM
3800 Open Windshield Motor - by Chris Burkard - 07-24-2013, 10:54 AM
3800 Open Windshield Motor - by CaptJim4635 - 07-26-2013, 07:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windshield Leak tip TIARACRREP 35 40,647 09-23-2026, 11:53 AM
Last Post: dlombardozzi@comcast.net
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 501 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 401 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
Exclamation [Tiara Sovran] Sunroof motor location on ‘13 sovran 45? Tiara45 0 376 07-28-2026, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Tiara45
  2001 38’ Open interior table base removal twilson0929 3 784 07-07-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: hiccup



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

3800 Open Windshield Motor00