Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
38 open 2001 float switches
#3
I just replaced my forward switch today. Tiara made a big piece of plastic to hold the pump as well as the switch. West Marine only had the Rule switch and not the blue Shure Bail one. I took the entire mount with pump and switch out. The shure bail switch was bolted through the top. The Rule switch had the same holes spaced correctly but the original bolts wouldn't fit in the new housing. I used some screws and screwed in from the top. I made sure they were large enough to cut tight into the new Rule housing. It actuall worked better than the nuts and bolts on the original did and if I ever have to replace the switch again I won't have to remove the entire bracket. Just unscrew from the top and pull the switch out. It was not to bad, just a little tight, but I am over 6' and 245 so everything on a boat is tight.
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
38 open 2001 float switches - by OurHighLife - 05-08-2020, 10:50 AM
RE: 38 open 2001 float switches - by Sans Peur - 05-10-2020, 05:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 498 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 400 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  2001 38’ Open interior table base removal twilson0929 3 781 07-07-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  1996 33Tiara open - shaft seal lubricant leaking Mydiamond 4 1,414 05-22-2026, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Mydiamond
  [Tiara Open] 2001 3800 Open Holding Tank cap that hold sensor and washdown twilson0929 0 768 05-12-2026, 10:18 AM
Last Post: twilson0929



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

38 open 2001 float switches00