Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Low fuel light and general gas gauge accuracy
#3
I have a 1996 3100 with a single 270 gallon tank.
I never run with full fuel given 270
Gallons = 2038 lbs or 10 200
Lbs adults.
My analog gauge drove me insane…always worried how much fuel was onboard.
Recently installed NEMA fuel level sensor.
Now I know approximately how much is onboard.

I still need to calibrate but it better than gauge.

My readings were zero and put 100 gallons in last week.

Sensor said 53% full…reality 37%.

Still I love a digital display of fuel tank level.

Good luck.
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
RE: Low fuel light and general gas gauge accuracy - by Chesfisherman1 - 09-03-2021, 12:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Access to the starboard fuel level gauge sensor? Tom Stewart 0 730 04-19-2026, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Tom Stewart
  Where is the geni fuel valve? giff1 3 2,174 09-22-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: HNS1
  VDO gauge part numbers for 98 4000 express Mberkin 3 3,367 03-25-2022, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Livvy Brynn
  1996 3100 open fuel tank size? Ruppertryan1@gmail.com 2 4,187 09-03-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Chesfisherman1
  Fuel tank replacement dbruce222@gmail.com 2 3,046 05-03-2021, 07:32 AM
Last Post: MC1600



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Low fuel light and general gas gauge accuracy00