Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tiara Open New owner of a 3100 Open
#1
I am retiring soon setting the boat up for fishing before I retire and needed recommendations on down-rigger placement, mostly two persons fishing so i want it done right

I am getting a Solix fishfinder to link all my cannon down-riggers, have the down-riggers, debating on the Solix size, if Garmin would link with the down-riggers I would stick with the two new Garmins the boat came with.

The survey suggested sealing fittings and I have read where Tiara went cheap on some thru hull fittings, accurate?

Boat is older and someone used mild steel for some replacement bolts, so they go, its in heated storage and I was thinking about methodically removing screws/bolts on the deck and rub rails then over drilling the hole fill said the hole with epoxy, then drill the correct size hole and put the screws back in with 3M 5400 sealant. That way they are fixed and I won't be chasing down loose stuff, as much.

Fridge was the original one, didn't seal and was frozen over so I am getting a new one, anyone got suggestions on brand?

I also am debating removing the swim platform to facilitate easier access to caught fish, thoughts?

Smile
Like Post Reply

  


Messages In This Thread
New owner of a 3100 Open - by mc307tank - 01-31-2022, 09:15 PM
RE: New owner of a 3100 Open - by Chesfisherman1 - 02-03-2022, 07:42 AM
RE: New owner of a 3100 Open - by mc307tank - 02-03-2022, 09:37 AM
RE: New owner of a 3100 Open - by Chesfisherman1 - 02-08-2022, 12:30 PM
New owner of a 3100 Open - by Misdirection - 02-08-2022, 01:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New owner of 1994 4000 Express Harvey29902 1 593 07-14-2026, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Raberger
  Looking to be a new owner soon Brock71 0 506 07-08-2026, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Brock71
  Hello Everyone! I’m a New Tiara Owner! tdeberle@gmail.com 1 514 06-14-2026, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Final Pursuit
  [Tiara Open] New Tiara Owner - She's old, but strong jgaudet2 10 5,473 04-23-2026, 02:23 PM
Last Post: cp4000
  New Owner Introduction nukey99 14 19,060 04-09-2026, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Capt Steve



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

New owner of a 3100 Open00