10-13-2013, 08:38 PM
I agree with Chris but if you went further and did a sea trial (just assuming you did not do the trial) as well you possibly would have found it then and may have become the deal breaker/maker. There is a lot that goes into purchasing a boat. I went through every aspect and emotion. But after reading an article in Boat US this is what made the most sense. You are purchasing a used boat which is going to have some minor issues. Some can be brought out by the surveyor and some not. If you have spent time looking at other boats and going through the process up to and having them surveyed, that in itself can become an expensive process. If you found that boat and it was the boat for you outside of this motor mount issue, you have to ask yourself would you have a) kept looking, or b) bought the boat regardless and negotiated the repair. Most likely you still would have made the purchase. Like you I too have made repairs that did not turn up in the survey, but I cannot blame the surveyor at every turn because it's like buying a used car, except this process doesn't come with the polished salesman.


![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)