Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dark Red Sludge in aft bilge Area
#1
I finally got around to removing the two aft storage areas on my 29 Tiara Coronet (I have become obsessed with cleaning the engine room and storage areas of my boat -- the boat is in great shape (2006 with 220 hours) but there was so much dirt and leaves (wtf) in the engine room);  

anyway, beneath the trim tab reservoir on the starboard side there was red sludge all over the bildge floor -- I can't imagine this is from a trim tab reservoir leak; is it possible that the fluid in the trim tab reservoir (which takes typical transmission fluid) would burp or otherwise spill out while running?  I suppose someone could have just overfilled the reservoir and spilled transmission fluid on the fluid (but it seems insane to me that someone would just let it sit there like that).  


Most important I want to make sure it is not something with my SeaStar hydraulic steering (which I doubt because the fluid at issue is a very dark red).
Like Post Reply

  


Messages In This Thread
Dark Red Sludge in aft bilge Area - by Newbie7749 - 06-23-2022, 08:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water if forward bilge after rain lenoah 0 565 11-21-2025, 05:53 PM
Last Post: lenoah
  Keel bilge pump runs on 52 Sovran Salon during trips Knot On Call 9 2,710 08-21-2025, 08:28 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  43 open keel bilge vs mid bilge bnr@dur-a-flex.com 2 1,430 12-08-2024, 07:34 AM
Last Post: bnr@dur-a-flex.com
  [Tiara Open] Forward bilge wiring Mydiamond 1 1,139 09-19-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: ardoski14
  50/53 Coupe and Fly Owners Group-Rain Water in Bilge Sapphire 3 1,995 02-11-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: hiccup



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Dark Red Sludge in aft bilge Area00