01-07-2025, 06:12 AM
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2025, 06:17 AM by rmsullivan1@gmail.com.)
(01-06-2025, 11:30 PM)Free Spool Wrote: We purchased a 2022 43 open (4300)
After much discussion with boat captains, mechanics etc, we went with the Volvo D-11’s.
I have no issue with forward visibility. The boat is very quick to jump on plane.
As for the noise level, it is extremely quiet compared to the Cummins powered Pursuit 2001 3400 we moved up from(basically the same boat as the Tiara 3500.
Underway on the Pursuit, it was noisy and it was hard to carry on a conversation without raising your voice.
I was amazed at how quiet the Volvo’s are on the 43. They clearly put in much more insulation/sound proofing.
You can carry on a normal conversation and I am very pleased with the lack of noise!!!!
Thanks so much for getting back. This is helpful as my wife is pushing for a much quieter boat, maybe pods or outboards. It seems as though the new LE, LS and LX models in this size range all use the big 600 hp Versdos, which I am a little afraid of from a reliability standpoint. it sounds as though the vertical lift mufflers in the 43 open really do make a difference. Glad to know that visibility looking forward is not impeded. Thanks again.
Just confirming, do you have straight shafts or pods?


![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)