Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Stuffing box vs PSS seals
#5
Quote:aksmith - 10/27/2014 8:45 AM

I'm trying to decide to repack the stuffing box or change over to PSS prop shaft seals on my 1992 33' open while the boat is out of the water. I would be very interested in others thoughts, concerns, experience and advise.
Thanks :flag:

I had drippless put in on my 87 Trojan, and never ever had a problem, I sold that boat in 2014 to buy a Tiara with the PSS, and never had a problem with these either. PSS has youtube on how they work, if you are numb nutz like me and would have no idea how to change the stuffing, I'd go with PSS, as even I know how to adjust this, if needed.
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
Stuffing box vs PSS seals - by aksmith - 10-27-2014, 07:45 AM
RE: Stuffing box vs PSS seals - by sbw1 - 11-20-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Stuffing box vs PSS seals - by Chris Burkard - 12-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Stuffing box vs PSS seals - by ReelMagic - 10-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Stuffing box vs PSS seals - by Uhehner - 10-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Stuffing box vs PSS seals - by jmk - 10-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Stuffing box vs PSS seals - by sluggo - 10-30-2014, 01:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] 3200 Open Hatch Seals MichFan 4 2,304 01-19-2025, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Tiara_3200
  [Tiara Open] 2900 Windshield Rubber Seals Replacement Showtime 2 1,695 09-02-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: stephenalberg
  [Tiara Open] Gaskets, seats and hatch seals/edge guards mc307tank 2 2,185 08-14-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: mc307tank
  [Tiara Convertible] Looking to replace the window seals furiarte 1 1,897 10-14-2022, 08:28 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  [Tiara Open] 2003 3100 Open needs shaft seals JonAFL 1 2,091 07-25-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: MC1600



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Stuffing box vs PSS seals00