Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New to me
#4
(04-06-2015, 04:15 PM)kurts52 Wrote: Fiddlehead, I have been researching davits myself. I have a 1997 33 Open with a tuna door. Same issue as you have. I want to have dinghy davits and still use my door. What I came up with is Hurley H20 system. There are 2 rails that hook up to 2 plates that are bolted to the swim platform.  the rails can actually be removed very easy after the dinghy has been launched. This setup also allows me to use my swim ladder with is mounted under the access door on the swim platform. Check them out. Talked to them on Sat, real nice people.

Kurt 
Kurt, I've looked at the Hurleys, as well as the Nautley XL and the St. Croix Roll-Ons.  Haven't decided on any of the above yet, but leaning slightly toward the last two, as they each have a 500 lb capacity, while the Hurley is 350 lb.  All are sufficient for my dink, but I just like the idea of dual support points on each arm rather than single. 

No matter which davits I choose, I still like the idea of a transom door that opens in!  Thumbs Up

Cheers! 

Mike    
--------------------------
Fiddlehead II ... 2002 Tiara 3500 Open, 8.1 Crusaders, Furuno TZT14 & TZT9

[Image: fiddleheadii-gloryshot.jpg]
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
New to me - by Pole Dancer - 03-24-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: New to me - by Fiddlehead - 04-06-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: New to me - by kurts52 - 04-06-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: New to me - by Fiddlehead - 04-06-2015, 04:55 PM



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

New to me00