09-02-2015, 01:47 PM
(05-11-2015, 10:54 AM)sluggo Wrote: I picked up my 2006 3600 Sovran on Saturday, and brought it back to its 'home' port. I noticed the depth sounder was just showing dashes (- - -). It worked fine last year. Any thoughts?? I haven't looked yet, but is it a thru hull transducer? Could there be 'slim' on it and needs cleaned off?? (I am in fresh water) Or is something else amiss??TIA
FWIW I fixed it. this was the problem, the transducer sits on the hull in a vat of liquid (usually anti freezer) over the winter the liquid leaked out (who knows why but when it got down to -13 f things happen) Anyway, I replace the transducer and the vat it sits in, replaced the fluid, and there you go!! Depth sounder works!!! Its really nice that the wire that runs from the transducer up to the helm did not need replaced. it has a plug and play break in it, and was easy to change out!!


![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)