Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New member
#2
How's the search going? I looked for a 3100 Open for months, ended up finding a 2900 Open that I fell in love with, and 5 seasons later loving it more and more. Sounds like you have a good idea of what to look for. I'd also look for wetness/rot inside the swim platform and in the opening hatches on the cockpit sole. I haven't had any issues with that but I know some have. Another one to look for is the seals all around the windshield. The gaskets and the silicone get old and the windows start leaking. It'd a big job to take them all off and re bed all the glass, I'm currently paying 2k for that job and I'd budget that regardless if it hasn't been done yet (and I'm also having my windshield covers powder coated while I'm at it). Obviously look at the stringers. Also make sure if saltwater that you have new risers or budget for them, and look for corrosion on the engine mounts, alternators, etc.

Good luck!

Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
New member - by Salt shaker - 07-25-2012, 09:27 PM
New member - by Veg - 08-09-2012, 12:13 PM
New member - by Salt shaker - 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
New member - by YOLO - 08-19-2012, 09:49 AM
New member - by Salt shaker - 10-17-2012, 06:35 AM
New member - by YOLO - 10-17-2012, 03:09 PM
New member - by Salt shaker - 10-18-2012, 06:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member To The Forum OGDash 0 302 08-01-2026, 11:52 AM
Last Post: OGDash
  new member kps@dundee.net 0 519 06-21-2026, 08:33 AM
Last Post: kps@dundee.net
  [Tiara Open] new member john122557@msn.com 0 696 07-30-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: john122557@msn.com
  [Tiara Open] New forum member - Northern Chesapeake Bay cmgtrumpet 1 923 07-03-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Donaldjames
  [Tiara Open] New member, pre buy advice LBKjack 1 1,605 05-20-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Roweje



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

New member00