04-24-2016, 11:57 AM
(04-20-2016, 11:22 AM)Whefour Wrote: I'm repairing items on my 31 Open that I purchased two weeks ago. One item on my list is the replacement of my starboard fuel tank sending unit. My fuel gauge shows it to be empty, yet there is fuel in it. I suspect it is the sending unit and I have replaced these on my previous boats. Tiara quoted me $170.00 to replace with factory unit. Has anyone used the Moeller brand of sending units that are available at West Marine? Are the mounting holes in the base universal? I noticed that the wiring on the factory unit are encapsulated while Moeller is not. Not sure if this is a big issue.
Hi, had a problem with our port side sending unit (2001 31 Open) and first replace with store bought, adjustable float. While it worked, I was not confident with the ablility for this unit to be accurate. We ended up buying a replacement from Amazon ( Moeller Marine Electrical Reed Switch Fuel Sending Unit ) for under 60.00 and installed in minutes...works perfectly.
Good Luck,
Eric


![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)