06-25-2016, 08:28 AM
Hi, I'm in the market for a mid-90s 3100 Open. After a good deal of research I'm seriously considering this model. Port will be Chicago - Lake Michigan with frequent trips from Chicago north to Green Bay and then occasionally across to Michigan and back. Some weekends at port with short cruising with family, some fishing, some longer cruising. At least that is the plan...
So, questions are;
1) This boat well suited for this sort of use?
2) Any particular things I should watch out for buying this year range and model? Trouble spots?
3) Looks like I will likely need to buy a boat that is on the east coast or florida and have it shipped up to chicago. Any tips on that process?
4) Suggestions on buying a boat remotely? Certainly plan to have it surveyed but, anything else?
Thank you for any and all advice! - JB
So, questions are;
1) This boat well suited for this sort of use?
2) Any particular things I should watch out for buying this year range and model? Trouble spots?
3) Looks like I will likely need to buy a boat that is on the east coast or florida and have it shipped up to chicago. Any tips on that process?
4) Suggestions on buying a boat remotely? Certainly plan to have it surveyed but, anything else?
Thank you for any and all advice! - JB

![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)