06-25-2016, 12:13 PM
How big is the family? 3100 is great for 4 (2 kids), would be tight for overnighting any more. The 3300 with the floor plan with the bench across from the dinette would give you space for another kid. Sounds like a perfect model for what you are describing. We're in the Chesapeake and use ours the same way. I think it's perfect. You'll need to decide gas vs diesel. That's probably the biggest thing to think about. If I were you I'd try to work out a trip to FL or wherever and look at a few of you can so if you get a bad survey you have a couple of backups you've seen. It's a lot of boat to buy sight unseen. May seem expensive to buy a round trip ticket to FL for a few hundred dollars just to look at a boat you may or may not buy but then again you'll spend that on the first oil change so in the grand scheme of things its inconsequential. Finally, if money is a concern I wouldn't write off the idea of one a few years older - you'll give up the prop pockets and a little deadrise but it'll still work great for what you want. For engines if they claim a recent rebuild you'll want to ask for documentation and otherwise take any verbal assurance with a grain of salt.


![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)