Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
3200 Open Advice/Reviews
#5
I own a 2007 with Cummins engines.    Like you, I have kids (3) and fish on the Gulf Coast...A LOT....out of this boat.   I admit that I don't overnight on it with all of the family, but you could do it.  (It would be tight!)

As for the handling/ride/etc., I haven't been on many similar boats to this one.  Most of what we see on the Panhandle are center console and sportfishing boats so that is all I have to compare it to.    In normal seas (2-3s offshore), I'm cruising at around 21-23 kts.....but it is a comfortable ride.....no pounding or jarring.    The wide beam makes it like a tank......you're not going to skip across the water, but you'll appreciate the weight when it gets sporty out there.   If it's smooth....I take it on up to 24-27 kts.....she'll do it.

As for the fishing.......I can't find a more versatile platform for what I do.   Trolling is very comfortable and we do a ton of bottom fishing on it.   I even have a swim platform and I have no problems with it getting in the way (glad I have it, actually).   I look at the new boats in the same size range.....and everything is outboard power.  To me, this takes up way too much fishing room off the transom and only gives you a little more cabin space.   Basically, I haven't been in a boat that I like more right now.   And I'm bummed that Tiara isn't really offering a similar boat these days to the 3200.   The 31 is a Coronet with no fishing options........maybe you can set the 36 up to fish....but that's more boat.  

I'm rambling.....feel free to ask more questions via PM or email.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes bpy's post:
WHITESPRAY (12-24-2016)
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
3200 Open Advice/Reviews - by Luke LeBeau - 11-14-2016, 12:32 PM
RE: 3200 Open Advice/Reviews - by johnhesch - 11-14-2016, 08:40 PM
RE: 3200 Open Advice/Reviews - by Luke LeBeau - 11-15-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: 3200 Open Advice/Reviews - by sbw1 - 11-15-2016, 07:28 PM
RE: 3200 Open Advice/Reviews - by bpy - 11-16-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: 3200 Open Advice/Reviews - by Luke LeBeau - 11-16-2016, 04:50 PM
RE: 3200 Open Advice/Reviews - by bpy - 11-17-2016, 04:57 PM
RE: 3200 Open Advice/Reviews - by Betterdays123 - 05-04-2017, 10:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3500 Open deck lift piston drmiagi11 2 772 09-03-2026, 04:05 PM
Last Post: drmiagi11
  2001 3500 open, diesel exhaust flanges? North Star 4 1,498 02-24-2026, 08:55 AM
Last Post: North Star
  1989 33' Tiara Open - Bedding Question jgaudet2 2 2,119 12-21-2025, 10:02 AM
Last Post: jgaudet2
  2003 3100 Open cabin privacy curtain. Hilary 3 2,797 12-02-2025, 02:13 PM
Last Post: E-MAN
  [Tiara Open] 2006 Tiara 42 Open Powered With QSM 11 675 hp - Thoughts ? DoctorM 5 4,018 10-20-2025, 09:05 AM
Last Post: DoctorM



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

3200 Open Advice/Reviews00