01-08-2017, 03:25 PM
(01-05-2017, 03:19 PM)bigboatben Wrote: 1979 to 1991 3100 drafts 2'9" per Power Boat Guide. When I ship these boats we only remove the propellers and any antennas/radar from the top/arch. Standard arch has a 7'9" clearance without antennas. Hope this helps
Unfortunately the power boat guide seems to be referencing the "hull draft," the same as the spec in the owner's manual, which does not include props or running gear. Which, unfortunately, is not particularly helpful. Really doesn't make sense that this is the spec they'd quote since all of these were straight inboards and the draft without running gear is essentially worthless.
Good to know that you are able to transport them just by pulling the props and lowering the antennas on the arch. Ours doesn't have an arch, but the aftermarket top isn't much higher than the arch would have been.
Sure would be nice to have the actual dimension though. I measured 8' 6" from my top to the waterline, so if the hull draft is 2'9" and the running gear adds another 8"-10", that puts me at exactly 12' shipping height, which I've been told by multiple shippers is the limit. Would be nice to have some breathing room, or again at least know the numbers exactly so it isn't so tight. I'd hate to get everything lined up then have the shipper show up and decide the top has to come off.


![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)