Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Owner - 2004 4200 Open
#1
Excited new owner of a 2004 4200 Open purchases from Greenport NY.  Took the trip home to Greenwich Bay RI and am absolutely loving the boat.  It has Cummins QSM11 660 engines.  
I only have on question (so far).  Where is the display for the holding tank and water tank levels?  It has the Xintex sending units on both tanks. 
Thanks
Joe
Like Post Reply

#2
Congrats. Check for the Xintex meter on the 'DC System' panel.

The Xintex system wasn't really reliable, and I am 90% sure they got out of the market for tank sensors. Easy to swap over to a more conventional KUS/WEMA system if need be.
Like Post Reply
#3
Can you tell me more about the change over? My meter only shows one bar at all times and have been wondering if it is the meter or the sender.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 3200 Open Volvo Penta
Southport, NC

Learning new boating items every day!
Like Post Reply
#4
Thank you for the reply.  I followed the advice and bought new sending units.  The old ones have proven very difficult to remove.  I tried a 2 1/4 socket but it didn't budge and ended up just rounding the plastic corners.  My next step is to cut them out which is going to dump a lot of debris.  Not an issue on the waste but I would like to avoid it on the water tank.  Any advice would be appreciated. 
Thanks
Joe
Like Post Reply
#5
Ouch. Surprised they're stuck as I believe all the xintex sensors had plastic threads. I would try to avoid cutting them out, perhaps using a pipe wrench on them as the hex on them is 53mm and 2¼" is too big.

Did you buy new xintex sensors? I didn't think they were made anymore. Maybe you realize, but in case you don't, if you bought new 'non-xintex' sensors then you'll need a new gauge as well.
Like Post Reply
#6
(02-08-2024, 01:17 PM)hiccup Wrote: Ouch.  Surprised they're stuck as I believe all the xintex sensors had plastic threads.  I would try to avoid cutting them out, perhaps using a pipe wrench on them as the hex on them is 53mm and 2¼" is too big.

Did you buy new xintex sensors?  I didn't think they were made anymore.  Maybe you realize, but in case you don't, if you bought new 'non-xintex' sensors then you'll need a new gauge as well.
Thank you for the response.  I tried the correct socket but it was a 12 point and just round the corners.  I have broken off the top of the sensor off but haven’t gone further.  It looks like cutting may be my only option.  This is all on the waste tank with great access.  The water tank will really be a nightmare.
Thanks for the heads up on needed the new sensor.  Hopefully I can use the wiring.
Joe
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New owner of 1994 4000 Express Harvey29902 1 583 07-14-2026, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Raberger
  Looking to be a new owner soon Brock71 0 502 07-08-2026, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Brock71
  Hello Everyone! I’m a New Tiara Owner! tdeberle@gmail.com 1 508 06-14-2026, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Final Pursuit
  [Tiara Open] New Tiara Owner - She's old, but strong jgaudet2 10 5,447 04-23-2026, 02:23 PM
Last Post: cp4000
  New Owner Introduction nukey99 14 19,042 04-09-2026, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Capt Steve



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

New Owner - 2004 4200 Open00