Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED Cabin Lighting
Have a 1999 35 Open, the cabin has many 3" halogen lights and they run very hot.  Would like to replace with led lighting to reduce the heat given off by halogens.  

Does anyone have a good supplier or can recommend a bright led light?  

Thanks

Kent
Kent
1999 Tiara 35 Open, Cummins
Like Post Reply

(01-17-2015, 08:21 AM)torchlake99 Wrote: Have a 1999 35 Open, the cabin has many 3" halogen lights and they run very hot.  Would like to replace with led lighting to reduce the heat given off by halogens.  

Does anyone have a good supplier or can recommend a bright led light?  

Thanks

Kent

You looking to replace fixtures or buy bulbs
Kurt
Like Post Reply
Looking to remove the old 3" pucks and install new lights.

thanks
Kent
Kent
Like Post Reply
(01-17-2015, 08:53 AM)torchlake99 Wrote: Looking to remove the old 3" pucks and install new lights.

thanks
Kent

I just replaced bulbs in the cabin and the running lights. It cut the amp draw down almost 5 amps. Love them.
Like Post Reply
What bulb did you replace them with?  Must have been something other than a halogen.....
Kent
Like Post Reply
(01-17-2015, 10:44 AM)torchlake99 Wrote: What bulb did you replace them with?  Must have been something other than a halogen.....

Replaced them with LED bulbs from Marinebeam.com. They are located in South Carolina. They were very helpful. I am extremely happy with them. Replaced the running and anchor bulbs also. A little pricey but worth it because they dont draw the amps when on the hook. Looking to replace the florescent tubes in the cabin next. Those are quite pricy though.

Kurt
Like Post Reply
Thanks Kurt, I was also going to replace those cabin fluorescents.  Was thinking about led strip lighting as an option.

Kent
Kent
Like Post Reply
Which LED replacement did you buy at MarineBeam?   Any trouble installing?
Like Post Reply
(01-18-2015, 06:47 PM)DavidB Wrote: Which LED replacement did you buy at MarineBeam?   Any trouble installing?
Take whatever bulbs you want to replace out, then call them and they can tell by your description which bulbs you need. They can also help with the color and the watts. Take notice of how much clearance you have between the bulb and your lens also. LEDs don't produce a lot of heat so that is good also. They also have deals on quantities. Easy to install and you will love the light and reduced watt draw on your batteries. You are talking about 12 volt lights I assume.
Like Post Reply
Yes 12 volt.  Thanks, this will be a good winter project 
Kent
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tiara 4000 Mid Cabin Express - Inverter location? SteveC 2 626 04-21-2020, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  LED Lighting Upgrade 3100 Open TWO SUNS 1 1,727 06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Dakota773
  Cabin light wattage czarcone 2 3,483 06-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Last Post: czarcone