Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norcold DE-541
I have a 1996 3100 open with a Norcold DE-541 refrigerator.  I am still in the process of troubleshooting but think the compressor is an issue.  I am getting 24vA/C to the line side of the compressor when it is not connected, however when I connect the compressor it drops to 15 volts and is drawing 3.5 amps.  Was looking to see if anyone replaced parts on this thing or replaced them with either a new fridge or different company type fridges?
Tom
Like Post Reply

Do you still have the fridge?
Like Post Reply
(11-28-2016, 03:07 PM)Silver Rush Wrote: Do you still have the fridge?

No I do not.  I purchased a Vitrigo fridge and gave the Norcold away.

Sorry

Tom
Like Post Reply
How bad was getting the new one into the cabin?
Do you have the model number of what you put in?
thanks
Like Post Reply
Photo 
Sorry for the delay.  It was not hard removing the old fridge however I had to dismantle the metal trim and break it down to just the box and compressor in order to move it through the cabin door.  I also removed the cabin door as well.  The new fridge did not have to be dismantled however the cabin door still had to be removed.  Below is a picture of the fridge and the install.  I had to modify the trim and the opening for the new fridge to fit but it was not bad at all.  I am not a carpenter by any means so it is not perfect.  I dont have the model number right now but when I go down to the boat next week I can send you more pictures.  Here is there website [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].  and some pictures of the opening where the old fridge was.

Tom

Thumbnail(s)

Like Post Reply