Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OldNavy guy checking in!
Greetings! Old retired Navy guy boating in Venice, FL. Looking for a 3800 Open or 3900  Sovran. Intrigued with IPS but concerned about cost!!
Like Post Reply

Will you save enough fuel to pay for the maintenance and repairs?
I'm old school.  Too many coral heads and shoal areas in Florida for me to even think about IPS.
Remember they are not like outboards, they don't tip up if you hit something.

Capt. George
Like Post Reply
Welcome!  We owned a 39 Sovran before purchasing the 42 Open we have now...  Feel free to reach out should you have any questions etc...  I got to know the Sovran intimately and although I haven't owned a 38 Open, we did look at them before purchasing the 42...
Like Post Reply
I currently own a 38 Open (2003) and have traveled extensively with it... We home port Long Island, NY (mid sound) and have traveled east to Boston, Gloucester, Salem, Newport, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Block Island and most other harbors along the way multiple times. Also traveled up the Hudson to Lake Champlain, Richelieu River to Montreal more than once... Southern trips down the Jersey shore to the Delaware through the C&D canal to the Chesapeake. Chesapeake travels included most ports including Annapolis, Baltimore, Solomon's Islands, St. Michael's, etc.... Boat performs exceptionally well in all conditions from Open Ocean (4-6') to bays. Fuel burn at 2200 (24 knots) is approx. 28 GPH..... Plenty of room for 2 although it will sleep 5... Most of the time it's just my wife and myself... Perfect boat for traveling as well as fishing....   
Like Post Reply