Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Window Washer Solenoid on 4000 Express
#1
Does anybody know where the windshield washer valve solenoid is located on a 4000 express?
Like Post Reply

#2
Just a guess but I would look behind the dash. Follow the tubing from the windshield to the reservoir. Capt. George
Like Post Reply
#3
I have not been on a 4000 in a while, but if I remember correctly it is on the forward engine room bulkhead. If its not there, it could be behind the helm. When you find it, let us know.

Good Luck!
Chris Burkard
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
#4
I think I found it but almost wish I didn't...
Like Post Reply
#5
wasabi,

Let us know where you located it. I'm sure others would like to know. Is it outside of the Starboard engine as I suspected?
Chris Burkard
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
#6
This gadget is indeed located on the starboard side of the engine room bulkhead. They probably screwed in the solenoid, then put in the exhaust right in front of it. The fit is so tight that I can't even fit a stubby screw driver in there. On top of the solenoid are fistful of wires all zip tied together and hanging over half of the solenoid. I can barely crawl in that space and can hardly see the solenoid . . . so I couldn't take any photos.

I think what I will have to do is just snip the power as well as the water hoses and just relocate a new solenoid to an accessible spot.
Like Post Reply
#7
Wassabi,

Yes, sometimes that does happen. When the boat was originally assembled, the deck was off the boat and that valve was likely installed from above. Once the deck was on, it is not nearly inaccessible. Unfortunately sometimes items like that are overlooked as to the serviceability. I agree, just cut the wiring and reinstall a new one close by, but in an area where it will be accessible.

Good Luck and let us know how it works out.

Sincerely,
Chris Burkard
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1997 4000 express shore power issue Salty0ne 10 4,037 03-31-2025, 08:27 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  Main Panel Switch needed or 1997 40 mid cabin express Salty0ne 0 738 03-28-2025, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Salty0ne
  2000 3500 Express Cockpit Fridge and Plug Outlet Breaker Location JMGCINCY2023 2 1,615 08-18-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: JMGCINCY2023
  4000 Express Rope Light in Master MC1600 6 5,081 08-09-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: MC1600
  4000 Express inverter location dan@superstamper.com 2 2,041 08-09-2022, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jfhaas



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Window Washer Solenoid on 4000 Express00