Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
About to become a Tiara Owner
#1
Hi All I am about to become the proud owner of a 2000 Tiara 3100 open with 330 Cummins
Anything to look out for in particular?
Boat seems to be coming from an owner that prides himself on maintanence  The engine room is a bit cruddy but I figure thats cleanable.

Any thoughts of ideas wouldbe appreciated.
Like Post Reply

#2
Nice boat with the Diesel's.  I have the same boat but mine has the 8.1 Crusaders.  If the owner has not upgraded anything and is all original like mine there will be little things along the way that you will want to replace.  Right away I would change the holding tank vent filter for one.  This is my first Tiara and I am shocked with how much I didn't need to do.  

Turn the key and enjoy the new boat.
Like Post Reply
#3
You are buying a great boat, I had a 1997 with gas engines. Not a lot of issues to look for; maybe pull the cooling water hoses off the shaft seals to ensure the seals are getting water. Also check that the air conditioner drains properly to the shower sump. In the fall, after the boat is on the hard, I would pull the cockpit scuppers and look for any wet core material. Enjoy the boat!
Bob
Like Post Reply
#4
Last year was the first year with my 2002 3100 Open (8.1 Crusaders). Most of the work that I've done so far has been fixing the previous owner's poorly sealed rod holders and rod holder tracks on the gunnels as well as other moisture problems. Check the seals on your transom door, swim platform connections and scuppers - I just re-sealed mine this past off season and the boat clearly needed it, especially on the transom door seal. Also check the seal for your windlass and make sure that your anchor locker drain is draining properly. When looking for new-to-me Tiara's before last year, most I looked at had (slight) moisture problems at the windlass (one that I looked at was severe) and/or anchor locker drain. The previous owner of my boat also had the wrong style anchor, so I replaced that as well.

I'd also check out your house and engine batteries to make sure they're in good shape and properly hold a charge. Good luck and enjoy your Tiara!
Like Post Reply
#5
I've got the same boat w/330s. No regrets..Best power option IMO.. Make sure they turn 2900+ RPMs. Make sure the water system has been serviced. PM me with any questions.
Like Post Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Just got my 2006 Tiara 2900 for Chicago Lake Michigan MyTime 1 464 09-05-2026, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JLRedfish
  New owner of 1994 4000 Express Harvey29902 1 593 07-14-2026, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Raberger
  Looking to be a new owner soon Brock71 0 507 07-08-2026, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Brock71
  Hello Everyone! I’m a New Tiara Owner! tdeberle@gmail.com 1 514 06-14-2026, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Final Pursuit
  [Tiara Open] New Tiara Owner - She's old, but strong jgaudet2 10 5,474 04-23-2026, 02:23 PM
Last Post: cp4000



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

About to become a Tiara Owner00