Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open Cabin door
I’ve had my 91’ 33 Open since 2012 and love it. I boat on the upper Chesapeake, maintaining it with an “open checkbook” sometimes to my wife’s dismay.

The cabin door now takes two hands to close as it is not gliding properly on the bottom track. Can someone with any hands on experience give me some pointers as I’d like to do this over the winter.

How difficult is it to remove? As
to rollers and track, Tiara no longer carries.

Thank you

Paul ....aka pztuna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply

(11-17-2018, 05:25 PM)pztuna Wrote: Vacuum the track, spray it with WD-40, that's what i do with mine, it works great.   Use a corse rage with a screw driver to clean out the tack really well, and repeat.  

I’ve had my 91’  33 Open since 2012 and love it.  I boat on the  upper Chesapeake, maintaining it with an “open checkbook” sometimes to my wife’s dismay.

The cabin door now takes two hands to close as it is not gliding properly on the bottom track. Can someone with any hands on experience give me some pointers as I’d like to do this over the winter.

How difficult is it to remove? As
to rollers and track, Tiara no longer carries.

Thank you

Paul ....aka pztuna

Capt. Brett M. Sause
USCG Master Licensed Captain 

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Like Post Reply
I owned a 1997 31 Open for 10 years and had to adjust the door trucks/rollers located at the bottom of the door several times to make it roll easier... I agree cleaning the track helps but over time I found the lower roller trucks moved somewhat making the door hard to slide/roll... Not sure if you are aware but at the bottom of the door there are 2 plastic plugs, 1/4", that will expose Alan screws used to adjust the lower door trucks. I made this adjustment and the door moved easily... M2C...
Like Post Reply
Thank you very much for both suggestions. I’ve tried to clean the track in the past, admittedly not as diligent as suggested.

If the cleaning still leaves it tight, I’ll try the adjustment route. I was not aware of the location of the screws beneath the plastic caps.

Thank you both and I’ll let all know how successful I am.

Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replaced cabin backrest fabric - DIY DGM0223 1 329 12-18-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Newbie7749
  ceiling panels in cabin honest mark 5 581 11-03-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: honest mark
  Removing cabin steps in 2000 3500 Open - Can't find anyone who has a real solution... recppd 3 813 10-05-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Crown Royal
  [Tiara Open] Sliding cabin door drifter 0 344 09-06-2023, 01:53 PM
Last Post: drifter
  cleaning teak&holly cabin floor OurHighLife 4 539 08-29-2023, 06:23 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic