Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Size of Pex
Hello,

While on vacation last week I developed a leak which I tracked down. The idiot who installed the vacuflush head for the prior owner cut the Pex under the sink and spliced it back together with piece of rubber tubing and a couple of hose clamps. Of course the clamps were loose and started leaking. I want to repaid this the right way and was thinking a SharkBite would be the best way as they is no room to get a crimp tool in there. Does anyone know what size Pex Tiara used in 2002 for fresh water lines?
Like Post Reply

Hi,

On my 2005 it is 15mm PEX. Call the factory with your HIN, and they can check pretty quick for you. Defender in CT has a good supply of PEX fittings and tubing.
Like Post Reply
15mm. I used whale brand tubing and fittings on my 2005 2900 coronet. I've been on a few 3100's and it looks the same.
Like Post Reply
I did some new plumbing on my 41 and I used the shark bite fittings from Home Depot. Worked great and much less than elsewhere.
Like Post Reply
Thanks all. I found the Whale brand. Just ordered.
Like Post Reply
(08-13-2019, 11:46 AM)Matta0413 Wrote: Hello,  

While on vacation last week I developed a leak which I tracked down.  The idiot who installed the vacuflush head for the prior owner cut the Pex under the sink and spliced it back together with piece of rubber tubing and a couple of hose clamps.  Of course the clamps were loose and started leaking.  I want to repaid this the right way and was thinking a SharkBite would be the best way as they is no room to get a crimp tool in there.  Does anyone know what size Pex Tiara used in 2002 for fresh water lines?

15mm (1/4" fittings will not work..I can attest to that)
Like Post Reply
Well I figured out why he used the hose and clamps. 15mm existing PEX, and he plumbed the head with 1/2". I had to make up a 15mm to 1/2" coupler to fix. I could not find a 15mm to 1/2" straight through anywhere. Used a 15mm to male NPT and a 1/2" to 1/2" Female NPT. All set.
Like Post Reply