Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV splitter location
Does anyone know the location of the TV splitter on a 3800 Tiara Open?

I have a bad picture on both TV's.

2006 Tiara 3800 Open with Cummins 8.3 QSC's
Like Post Reply

On my 2001 35' Express the splitter in on the right side wall of my electrical panel - high by the 12 volt section. It does seem hidden but convientient once you know where it is. Over the years any issues I have had with TV reception is always the dock connection 90% of the time and the boat connection 10% of the time. The dock connectors take a beating in the winter in New England. And, the push pull connections are the worse option. If using them, buy good gold ones and plan on replacing them every year or two. RT
Like Post Reply
Before you blame the splitter, connect a VCR/DVD player to the cockpit connector using a short "F" connector / cable. That will isolate your problem to dock, cable or splitter. Capt. George
Like Post Reply
The splitter on my boat is in the compartment behind the TV's. You have to remove 4 screws to remove the panel to access it. The panel is just above the door that holds the fire extinguisher on the right just before entering the forward cabin. I had the same problem as you. It turns out the boat side cable connection (next to the shore power cord) was bad. Works great now.
Like Post Reply
The location depends if you are an A-Plan or B-Plan layout. B Layout is in the Forward part of the dinette seating storage area. If you reach in there and feel around, you should find it. A-Plan may be in the electrical panel or in the master stateroom behind the TV. I can't remember exactly. The switch will be black and hard to find in the cabinets. You are going to need a flashlight and patience I believe.
Chris Burkard
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
On my 3700 it was at the base of the electrical panel, inside the plexi cover. It switches between the antenna (buried behind the electrical panel) and the cockpit connection. Your antenna, if you have one installed, needs to be powered to work, there is a power supply behind the electrical panel or below it, behind the aft dinette seat back (where the battery charger is located) at least that's how my boat is arranged.
Tiara 3700 Open, Cummins 6cta/450s
\"Buoy Scout\"
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Autopilot pump location on 3500 Open? Crmenzel 2 609 06-07-2023, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Crmenzel
  [Tiara Open] 3200 Open Stereo Amp Location MichFan 12 7,988 05-25-2023, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Donaldjames
  Auto pilot location giff1 1 588 05-13-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Misdirection
  Airmar thru Hull transducer location whittem1 14 5,717 02-07-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Cokebuster
  [Tiara Sovran] 2009 3500 subwoofer location Pfistori 0 785 06-29-2022, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Pfistori