Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Microwave
I have a microwave on my 2006 Coronet (2900) that has finally died.  The microwave has literally never been used (the plate inside is still in original packaging).  

I am considering just removing entirely and not replacing.  I can't see us using the microwave for anything.

Two questions:

1.  How do I remove the microwave?  It appears to be sitting on a board but it does not just pull out - is it connected underneath whereby I need to remove the fridge to access the area underneath the microwave?

2.  Any ideas of what to do with the space once the microwave is gone? Just leave it as open counter space?
Like Post Reply

Try picking the microwave up a little bit and then pulling it out.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
On my 2003 38 Open the microwave is also mounted to a black board in a cabinet... They way I removed it was by removing 2 screws that held the black board to the cabinet.. On mine if you open the microwave door you will see 2 black screw caps (plastic) . Pop off the plastic screw caps and it will expose Philips head screws. Once they are removed the microwave will slide out.... M2C
Like Post Reply
I just took mine out of my 2900 Coronet and it had a third screw on the back right. I could not get to it like the front two so used the BFH method. Never used it and took up a lot of counter space. There is a good size cut out hole in the countertop that the microwave was over.  Will probably put a cutting board over it. Not sure if all boats have that too.

Thumbnail(s)

Like Post Reply
(12-17-2023, 01:09 PM)DGM0223 Wrote: I just took mine out of my 2900 Coronet and it had a third screw on the back right. I could not get to it like the front two so used the BFH method. Never used it and took up a lot of counter space. There is a good size cut out hole in the countertop that the microwave was over.  Will probably put a cutting board over it. Not sure if all boats have that too.

Very cool.  I guess if nothing else the microwave hides those wires from the radio to the amplifier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newbie7749's post:
DGM0223 (02-01-2024)
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] What Size Portable Generator to run my A/C, microwave, lights off shore Showtime 3 525 03-30-2024, 02:01 PM
Last Post: jtomlin@hurricanetv.com
  Removing Wall Panel on other side of helm on Sovran 3500 no shocks 0 177 03-12-2024, 07:28 AM
Last Post: no shocks
  Removing cabin steps in 2000 3500 Open - Can't find anyone who has a real solution... recppd 3 884 10-05-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Crown Royal
  [Tiara Convertible] 1999 43' Sportsfisherman - Microwave/Convection Oven alternative furiarte 0 313 08-15-2023, 06:27 PM
Last Post: furiarte
  Microwave Replacement GeoDoc 3 1,587 07-04-2021, 07:57 AM
Last Post: GeoDoc