Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Pumps
I have a new to me 2006 Tiara 3200 Open. Question about water pumps. My boat has two freshwater pumps. 3 questions:

Why two? 

Do I turn them both on when using water in the heads or sinks?

Also, if I leave them switched on, it seems to drain the tank quickly. Is that normal or do I just switch them off as soon as done using water? Can anyone help?
Like Post Reply

My 31 open has 2 pumps
1 pump draws water from the tank to the sinks and stuff.
The other pump is a lake water wash down just hooked to a hose my head also pulls water from the lake

I power the tank water all the time.
Perhaps your hot water tank or plumbing is leaking,if this is the case you would hear the pump cycling with no water demand.
Hope this helps.
Like Post Reply
I have a 2003 38 Open and it has 2 fresh water pumps that I used when NOT connected to dockside water.. The reason for 2 pumps is to minimize pulsing when using galley sink, and/or head sink and/or shower. I'm assuming both of your pumps are part of the fresh water system and NOT the salt water wash down pump as that is located in a different place from the 2 fesh water pumps on my boat... I also have a fresh water wash down and that uses water from the tank or dockside supply...I leave the pumps ON whenever I'm NOT connected to dockside water and the fresh water tank doesn't empty as you described...When connected to dockside water I turn both fresh water pumps OFF....One question; if you have the fresh water pumps ON and all sink faucets OFF does the pump cycle on & off periodically. If it cycles on/off I believe you have a leak somewhere... M2C
[-] The following 2 users Like ReelMagic's post:
Misdirection (08-21-2023), Sans Peur (08-26-2023)
Like Post Reply
I have the same set-up and do the same as ReelMagic. If the pumps are running with the sinks off, I’d start by examining the accumulator tank.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] 3800 Open Fresh Water Tank Mineral Deposits twilson0929 6 584 12-12-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  4000 express fresh water pump Jfhaas 8 3,063 08-10-2021, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Jfhaas
  Access to AC water intake Coppifan 0 1,421 08-19-2018, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Coppifan
  Sea Water strainer drain plug The Kook Abides 4 4,198 02-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Chris Burkard
  Water tank firstlight 2 3,576 02-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Chris Burkard