Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center windshield still leaking
Having trouble keeping water from coming in the bottom of the center windshield.  The bottom 2 drain holes are open and I used the flat gasket & L gasket on the right, left, & bottom.  L gasket corners are mitered and there is not any opening cut in the gaskets by the drain holes.  Based on Tiara's info and prior posts believe my install is correct?

Noticed with the new gaskets the bottom of the center windshield was about a 1/4" raised from being flush.  The twist locks would not even come close to turning on.  Started cutting away gasket piece by piece from the top to find where it was potentially binding...it improved only slightly as I went and ended up removing all of the L gasket just to prove it would lay flush without the gasket.  That worked but now looking for some guidance before putting L gasket back on.  The only other noticeable potential issue was the left-right alignment of the center windshield is off maybe an 1/8".

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Brad
Like Post Reply

Just replaced My windshield gaskets, flat from Tiara was good, L did not work out, ordered more L from Tiara got a different size L gasket, fixed it. I am going to put a small bead of caulk on the seams at the base and let it harden to finish the job

I am posting about my entire gasket adventure next
Like Post Reply
Curious if we have the same windshield and issue?  Attached is a picture showing the center windshield not closing flush after the gaskets were replaced.  Water pours in especially if I spray with a hose.  Basically just collects at the bottom of the frame and overflows.  The drain holes are clear but don't think they can keep up.

Thumbnail(s)

Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2005- 3600 Open Center Windshield Wiper Motor Cover Replacement Tminus3 1 310 03-30-2024, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Makoman
  [Tiara Open] 2018 43' open, trying to find make of windshield wipers that need replacing. charley's angel 3 260 02-21-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: ReelMagic
  Sovran windshield joint protectant Euphoria38 1 333 11-17-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: MC1600
  Windshield vent actuator Matta0413 6 2,217 07-06-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Joeboch348
  1988 31 Fly bridge windshield Fishizzle 0 273 06-01-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Fishizzle