Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
43 Tiara Sportsfisherman Forward Deck Repair
I'm on schedule to repair the softness I discovered in my forward deck and I'd like to preserve the anti skip pattern that the boat has.  I've looked into GIBCO's "molds"...but wonder if there are any other options that might be less complicated than "molding the pattern in place".  Any ideas?

Francisco
Like Post Reply

Only other option I am aware of is if you can gain access from the bottom of the deck. Cut out the wet coring and re-glass it from inside the boat.
Like Post Reply
(08-17-2023, 09:41 AM)furiarte Wrote: I'm on schedule to repair the softness I discovered in my forward deck and I'd like to preserve the anti skip pattern that the boat has.  I've looked into GIBCO's "molds"...but wonder if there are any other options that might be less complicated than "molding the pattern in place".  Any ideas?

Francisco

I went through the same thing this spring. I wasn’t thrilled about paying for the labor that my yard said would be required to match the existing non-skid. We ended up choosing to match the non-slip (Awlgrip Griptex) that covers the deck from the windshield down and around the bow cushion. It turned out great and I actually prefer it as it’s much easier on the knees when deploying or retrieving my ground tackle.

Thumbnail(s)

Like Post Reply
I may be late on this but I had the same problem on my 30 Pursuit. They removed the deck by cutting outside the non skid, in the smooth areas and after removing the bad core used coos as coring and glassed it back down. The seams were sanded and you could not tell it was done. I have pictures if you want to see.
Like Post Reply
(09-01-2023, 07:53 AM)boatmanmark Wrote: I  may be late on this but I had the same problem on my 30 Pursuit. They removed the deck by cutting outside the non skid, in the smooth areas and after removing the bad core used coos as coring and glassed it back down. The seams were sanded and you could not tell it was done. I have pictures if you want to see.

Thanks!  That is what I decided to do in the areas were the non skid is intact.  The area where the windlass and foot switches are, I will redo with the female molds sold by Gibco.
Like Post Reply
Sounds like a great repair option! Please post pictures of how it turns out. The damage to the bow of my 4000 Express wasn’t fully realized until we started the removal process so reusing the original skin was not a viable option. I’m very happy with the Awlgrip Griptex and would love to convert the rest of the boat if I ever come across a big bucket of money.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Aperio's post:
Misdirection (09-01-2023)
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4000 Express forward deck repair Jack Aperio 5 1,398 04-21-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Jack Aperio
  Factory Tiara Classic Hardtop jmk 31 32,131 12-15-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Craig Dunlop
  2005 Tiara 3800 stereo / amp wiring access Hemlock_SF 0 727 04-16-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Hemlock_SF
  2005 Tiara 3800 bait tank install Hemlock_SF 3 1,410 03-30-2022, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Hemlock_SF
  1993 Tiara 3300 L-shaped passenger seat CaptChuck 2 2,153 12-20-2021, 01:00 PM
Last Post: kwerner