08-11-2021, 08:55 AM
Here is an email exchange that took place between me and Tiara over the last couple of days. Looks like we are screwed on this deal.
Email #1 from me: Where can I get some new porthole gaskets for my 2002 3800 Open? Apparently, the reported manufacturer...GG Schmitt Sons... is not taking retail orders.
Email #1 from Tiara: Ron, you are not alone in this one. Darn near every day someone is looking for the screen and gaskets for these porthole’s… GG Schmitt was bought out about a year ago by Patrick industries. Some changes were made and no nobody can order parts, they are only selling to manufacturers. We are attempting to order a whole bunch of these… but its not going great at the moment. Check back in about 2 weeks and hopefully we will have made progress in getting some of these retired parts. Sorry I cant help you with this today.
Email # 2 from Tiara: What are the chances Ron! Moments after I sent that response I was informed that we will be able to order parts from GG Schmitt… I have requested pricing and lead time. How many do you need?
Email # 3 from Tiara: The screen kit P# 6550342 - $144.56 ea + tax & s/h
Email #2 from me: All I need is a simple rubber gasket. Don't want a screen. If they won't sell just a gasket, I have to figure something else out.
Email # 4 From Tiara: Sorry Ron, it only comes in a kit that includes the screen, gasket, and adhesive / caulk.
Looks like a messed up deal to me.
Email #1 from me: Where can I get some new porthole gaskets for my 2002 3800 Open? Apparently, the reported manufacturer...GG Schmitt Sons... is not taking retail orders.
Email #1 from Tiara: Ron, you are not alone in this one. Darn near every day someone is looking for the screen and gaskets for these porthole’s… GG Schmitt was bought out about a year ago by Patrick industries. Some changes were made and no nobody can order parts, they are only selling to manufacturers. We are attempting to order a whole bunch of these… but its not going great at the moment. Check back in about 2 weeks and hopefully we will have made progress in getting some of these retired parts. Sorry I cant help you with this today.
Email # 2 from Tiara: What are the chances Ron! Moments after I sent that response I was informed that we will be able to order parts from GG Schmitt… I have requested pricing and lead time. How many do you need?
Email # 3 from Tiara: The screen kit P# 6550342 - $144.56 ea + tax & s/h
Email #2 from me: All I need is a simple rubber gasket. Don't want a screen. If they won't sell just a gasket, I have to figure something else out.
Email # 4 From Tiara: Sorry Ron, it only comes in a kit that includes the screen, gasket, and adhesive / caulk.
Looks like a messed up deal to me.


![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)