Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tiara Open Fireboy Automatic Fire Extinguisher
#6
(11-30-2021, 04:49 PM)GeoDoc Wrote: Although I think 700 is over kill, I have a 700 cf on order along with a new ES 5000 Series Automatic 5-Circuit Engine Shutdown System. $2500 plus 3-4 hours labor. Apparently my over ride switch is kaput too.

Here is the deal so far:

1. The new 700 cf Fireboy is 1.5" taller than the one I had which was a 2001 mfg date. Since it sits so close to the top of the engine room it was a major PITA to install. It took every bit of 4 hours labor for the installer to figure out what to do besides give up. The old base could not easily be moved down because there are wire bundles down there and the new one that came with the new bottle would not fit. The installer ended up making some round spacers out of Starboard to move the old mount away from the wall and clear the wires below when it was lowered.  Also, the motor mount had to be slightly rounded off for the bottle to drop into place.

As far as replacing the engine shut down system, the es5000 would not easily fit in the space where the existing es3000 version sits so I am getting a new es3000. Strange, however is that both cost $389.00

Total for the job, inc. tax, was $3270.00

Before I would do this again I would explore using two smaller bottles but I would not consider going smaller in cf capacity.
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
Fireboy Automatic Fire Extinguisher - by GeoDoc - 11-30-2021, 08:24 AM
RE: Fireboy Automatic Fire Extinguisher - by GeoDoc - 12-22-2021, 02:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Fireboy FE-241 replacement roboh20 0 363 07-25-2026, 09:15 AM
Last Post: roboh20
  **CAUTION** HIGH WATER ALERT FAILURE - POSSIBLE FIRE SITUATION** Lobsta 1 739 04-26-2025, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Lobsta
  Fixed Mount Fire Extinguisher Placement on 1997 Tiara 3100 Open Restless 2 1,142 12-09-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Restless
  [Tiara Open] Fireboy Override System GeoDoc 0 1,471 01-22-2022, 09:39 AM
Last Post: GeoDoc
  Fixed Fire Suppression Bottle GeoDoc 0 1,194 06-03-2021, 10:21 PM
Last Post: GeoDoc



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Fireboy Automatic Fire Extinguisher00