07-17-2023, 11:30 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2023, 09:22 AM by Jason Wissbrod.
Edit Reason: Spelling
)
Yea on my 52. I see one other Kubota genset for sale on eBay with a hole in the block so I guess I’m not the only one who has killed this little Diesel lol. I sent out an oil sample for analysis, but even with the wrong oil I can’t imagine having this problem. At the time of destruction, there was no oil on the dipstick. But when I checked it the next morning, it was right at level. Coolant level was correct. There was water moving through the exhaust when I checked during operation as well.
I did play with removing the one of the hydraulic lift cylinder pins on that hatch and you’re right it is damn heavy. The unit won’t fit out that way with the covers on, but with the covers off I think it is possible. The other option is going out the hatch after removing the stairs. It will fit through there. But I’ll have to do build some cribbing and scoot the generator over between the mains in order to get the lifting hook on the correct side of the floor. I guess we’ll see how it goes. I’m trying to find the exact replacement in the meantime. Local dealer wants 26K for a new one.
I did play with removing the one of the hydraulic lift cylinder pins on that hatch and you’re right it is damn heavy. The unit won’t fit out that way with the covers on, but with the covers off I think it is possible. The other option is going out the hatch after removing the stairs. It will fit through there. But I’ll have to do build some cribbing and scoot the generator over between the mains in order to get the lifting hook on the correct side of the floor. I guess we’ll see how it goes. I’m trying to find the exact replacement in the meantime. Local dealer wants 26K for a new one.

![[-]](https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/images/netpen-pro/collapse.png)