Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Creaking stairs
#3
Thanks for the reply Chris. I've done a lot of work on boats but this one has me a little stumped.

No the stair treads are closed. It looks like the staircase is molded FRP with Teak steps/runners mounted (presumably from the inside) to the molded stairs. Unfortunately I don't see any way to get at the fasteners given the tight confines of the ER. Having the generator in the way doesn't help much either. I'm wondering if I remove the 12V electrical distribution panel (above the generator) that I will gain access to the inside of the molded stair case? That may give me direct access to the fasteners or let me remove one of the runners, giving me access from up in the cabin?

Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
Creaking stairs - by jclark003 - 01-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Creaking stairs - by Chris Burkard - 01-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Creaking stairs - by jclark003 - 01-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Creaking stairs - by Chris Burkard - 01-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Creaking stairs - by jclark003 - 01-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Creaking stairs - by Chris Burkard - 01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Creaking stairs - by Jakes - 01-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Creaking stairs - by jclark003 - 01-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Creaking stairs - by Chris Burkard - 01-16-2014, 11:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Refinishing Stairs Matta0413 5 4,325 10-30-2023, 09:30 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  [Tiara Open] 1995 Tiara 43 Open water tank and door/stairs removal chrisrobinson99 3 3,106 03-13-2021, 09:59 AM
Last Post: chrisrobinson99



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Creaking stairs00