Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Charging problems
#1
We have a 2000 35' Open with 370HP Cummins. Everything was fine until a week ago when I started the engines the port gage (engine bank) showed 11V and starboard gage (house bank) read 11.5V (this .5 deviation is normal only about 1.5V low) I took a reading directly from both banks and the both read 12.5V (engines running).I decided to take it out for a short run and after a short period of time the voltage increased to normal readings on the gages. Today I started the port engine and reading on the gage was normal, when I started the starboard engine both gages went to the previous low reading of 11V and 11.5. I once again took it out for about 2 hours (constantly monitoring the status of the batteries) and this time it did not return to normal. With the engines still running at the dock, I once again checked the banks and they both were 12.45V. It seems strange to me that both alternators would give me trouble at the same time. Is there a voltage regulator that works both engines. Any suggestions, advice, or comments would be appreciated.
Like Post Reply

  


Messages In This Thread
Charging problems - by Jomatra - 08-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Charging problems - by trit21 - 08-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Charging problems - by Jomatra - 08-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Charging problems - by trit21 - 08-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Charging problems - by justrollin - 08-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Charging problems - by Jomatra - 08-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Charging problems - by Jomatra - 08-19-2014, 01:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] 1994 Tiara 31' Open Charging and Inverter problems: mholts13@yahoo.com 3 4,250 11-18-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Polesetter
  [Tiara Sovran] Charging batteries at the dock or on the hard Donaldjames 3 3,435 05-13-2022, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Donaldjames
  Winter charging when on the hard Capt Paul 3 3,802 03-11-2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  Strange alternator/charging problem. wallyman424 3 4,316 07-01-2019, 06:33 PM
Last Post: wallyman424
  Charging System CaptBrett 7 8,334 02-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: aiwa711



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Charging problems00