Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Windshield Broken. Need help
#7
A similar thing happened to me on my 29. I went to the boat one day and found the port side glass shattered into pieces. I suspect a rock was shot out of a lawnmower from a nearby house. Look very closely at yours, I could actually find the point of impact.

Mine was a straight piece however, the curved will be much more of a PITA. Tiara helped me get a new window. I possibly could have had a local glass shop help but I wanted to make sure the color was right.

The price was around $700 + shipping. Again this was a much smaller and straight piece of glass. My deductible is 1K so it wasn't worth going that route.

Changing it wasn't hard, but it took some time to bed it properly and seal it.

Good luck with yours.
Mark - Reely Nauti
Like Post Reply
  


Messages In This Thread
Windshield Broken. Need help - by Anakalia - 06-23-2014, 12:40 PM
RE: Windshield Broken. Need help - by ReelNauti - 12-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Windshield Broken. Need help - by Maxwell - 06-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Windshield Broken. Need help - by Uhehner - 06-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Windshield Broken. Need help - by anthem - 07-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Windshield Broken. Need help - by Uhehner - 07-06-2014, 03:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windshield Leak tip TIARACRREP 35 40,565 09-23-2026, 11:53 AM
Last Post: dlombardozzi@comcast.net
  Windshield Wiper Arms and Blades Lafobrian@gmail.com 17 15,818 06-20-2026, 11:59 AM
Last Post: nylakeshome
  [Tiara Convertible] How do I repair a broken wash down/city water connection plate? Peave 4 1,522 05-12-2026, 10:18 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  2000 3500 Express Windshield Wiper Blade Replacements JMGCINCY2023 5 2,819 04-19-2026, 06:48 PM
Last Post: JMGCINCY2023
  [Tiara Open] 1989 36 open windshield weep holes? BurdenLSU 1 1,032 09-17-2025, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Windshield Broken. Need help00