Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tiara 3300 flybridge prop help please!
#1
I have a 1987 3300 flybridge with 454 crusaders and I have a dilemna. Original factory test sheet shows 18x19x3 blade props and the performance figures look spot on. When I bought the boat it had 18x21x4 blades on it (for the 8 years the previous owner had it). So an additional blade AND more pitch doesn't seem right to me. Handles and cruises nice but won't pull past 3800 (thats low), tops out about 30mph (seems OK), and seems a little down on mileage. I'm thinking I need to reprop to similar as from the factory. I run the boat at a steady cruise between 2800 and 3100. At 3000 she cruises about 22-24mph. No delusions that this is a fast or fuel efficient boat but I am wondering if a re-prop is worth it. These figures are similar at cruise to those I have seen others post when selling similar boats. No expertise in this area! Suggestions?
Like Post Reply

  


Messages In This Thread
Tiara 3300 flybridge prop help please! - by RI Tiara - 02-16-2015, 09:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tiara 52 Sovran Salon Keel Question Knot On Call 2 519 08-17-2026, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Bford100
  Freezer Replacement for 40' Tiara Reprise1 4 1,709 06-09-2026, 02:28 PM
Last Post: fuzzy
  Tiara 3700 Open Runaway 2 1,254 04-20-2026, 04:26 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  Tiara 4200 Open Hardtop Hatches ClayPlatt 0 694 12-01-2025, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ClayPlatt
  Parts for Tiara donwal 2 986 11-07-2025, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Mmiklosz



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Tiara 3300 flybridge prop help please!00