Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
three blowers in a 3100 open???
#1
My bilge blower has always seemed to draw an awful lot of current - maybe a couple of amps or so, and it even draws down the voltage on the bus when it's on.  The other day I flipped it on as part of my normal starting procedure and it wouldn't start at all.  I figured the motor must have been on it's last leg and was now shot.  

Anyway when I opened up the compartment to take a look, I noticed that I've actually got three blowers all wired together (see pic) in the bilge.  Is this normal for a 3100 open?  Assuming my situation is...abnormal...what should I replace it with?  Can I use something like this 4" 220CFM shurflo in line blower (
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
) or do I need one of the much more expensive radial style blowers?

   
Like Post Reply

  


Messages In This Thread
three blowers in a 3100 open??? - by rose_surfer - 06-30-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: three blowers in a 3100 open??? - by Uhehner - 07-01-2016, 09:27 AM
RE: three blowers in a 3100 open??? - by czarcone - 07-01-2016, 10:44 AM
RE: three blowers in a 3100 open??? - by Uhehner - 07-12-2016, 09:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Unknown noise from Tiara 3800 Open engine room Tony Saitta 2 165 10-05-2026, 11:57 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic
  38 open bathroom recessed light bulb twilson0929 3 525 08-26-2026, 06:22 AM
Last Post: twilson0929
  Replacement of Carbon Filter on vent line from Holding Tank. 38 Open ReelMagic 1 412 08-18-2026, 02:11 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  2001 38’ Open interior table base removal twilson0929 3 807 07-07-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  1996 33Tiara open - shaft seal lubricant leaking Mydiamond 4 1,439 05-22-2026, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Mydiamond



Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

three blowers in a 3100 open???00